Sunday 11 October 2015

Week 1 - Nephi on Keeping the Commandments

General Conference was this weekend, one week after it occurred in the US.

From it we recieved an invitation from Devin G. Durrant, First Counselor in the Sunday School General Presidency.

This invited us to save an amount of money weekly, and to also ponder a verse of scripture weekly.

This is to keep myself on track, and to see where it takes me.

This week I have chosen to ponder 1 Nephi 17:3

“And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.”

And to save $20.

What have I done to achieve this?


This is my new desktop for the week.



By making a new desktop wallpaper each week I aim to re-enforce my determination and dedication to keeping this up.

I also printed the verse out and will put it somewhere I see everyday, most likely somewhere in my room.

I hope to continue this for a long time, and gradually reap the financial and spiritual rewards of continuing to do something over time.

After all, another contender for this weeks verse was 1 Nephi 16:29, namely the last sentence.

"...And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."




No comments:

Post a Comment